What is Speech Pathology?
Speech Pathologists are health care professionals who assess, diagnose and treat individuals who have difficulties with speech, communication, eating and swallowing. Here at Back to Basics Health Group our Speech Pathologists will provide comprehensive assessments, parent training and therapy to improve the individuals speech and language. A Speech Pathologist works in partnership with parents or carers to determine a individuals needs and implement an intervention program to develop language and communication skills in everyday situations.
Speech Pathologists may be able to help with:
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) prescription and support
- Language Development (understanding/receptive and speaking/expressive)
- Speech Development (Articulation, difficulty being understood, fluency, stuttering, dyspraxia)
- Social Skill Development (Pragmatics, making friends, greetings, social interactions)
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Auditory Processing (Attention and Listening)
- Feeding and Swallowing
- Behavioural Management
If you're interested in any of our services, get in touch with one of our friendly team members.